Ocean Wave 2012

CATCH THE WAVE! The Ocean Wave project comes to the Eastern Suburbs of Wellington.
September 15 6.30 pm ASB Sports Centre 72 Kemp St Kilbirnie.
TICKETEK 0800 4 TICKETEK www.ticketek.co.nz More ticket info below.

Tuesday 1 March 2011

St Kilda St Clair - Celebrating our community with Dance and Music

Lyne Pringle is the Otago University Caroline Plummer Community Dance Fellow for 2011. During her 6 month fellowship she will facilitate a community dance event that celebrates the St Kilda and St Clair communities. The resulting performance will reflect on the solace that people find in the ocean. She has been inspired by this poem written by Caroline Plummer as she battled with cancer.


Tonight I walked the lengths
of St Kilda and St Clair,
those two beneficent, oceanic sisters
whose sands have long grounded and caressed my feet,
whose hazy pastel light and eternal fluid breathing
have long felt like home.
Tonight, as I walked
I gathered my cloaks of determination and of faith
and wrapped them tightly around myself
against which no wind, no matter how cold nor cruel,
could stop me in my march.
St Kilda and St Clair let forth their waves,
pounding a rhythmic battle song
that now sings in my heart.
When I stood
energised and exhilarated
on a sand hill and saluted my leave
I knew that I was ready.
More about Lyne and her company Bipeds Productions

No comments:

Post a Comment